Empower persons with disabilities
ACCESS works in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia to support the implementation of the National Disability Strategic Plan (NDSP). ACCESS will contribute to the following outcomes:
Persons with disabilities
- Attain improved health, education and economic outcomes.
- Are able to participate in and contribute to family, community and political life.
- Experience less discrimination.
- Have improved feelings of self-worth, confidence and independence.
To improve the coverage, quality and inclusiveness of services for persons with disabilities, ACCESS will focus on three strategic areas:
- Improvement of disability sector coordination at national and sub-national level.
- Effective management of Physical Rehabilitation Centres (PRCs) handed over to the Persons with Disability Foundation (PWDF).
- Increased provision of economic opportunities to persons with disabilities.
ACCESS interventions will align with priorities of the NDSP.
During the inception phase, ACCESS worked with Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) counterparts from the Disability Action Council (DAC) and the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation (MOSVY) to define areas of priority for the program.